Let’s get started!
- If you need a month’s worth of Hodderscape’s NaNoWriMo advice, why not check out last year’s NaNoDodo archives?
- Hodderscape author James P. Smythe on the ‘ten things I learned about writing from Stephen King.’
- Gollancz will be opening for direct submissions in early January – so get writing!
- and Harper Voyager are open for submissions right now!
Two weeks ago I had the pleasure of moderating a panel about agenting – from manuscript to pitch and beyond – at FantasyCon. At the end of the hour, I asked the panelists for the single most important piece of advice they could offer the audience. Here’s what they had to say:
- Kevin Andrew Murphy (author): Do exactly what you’re doing – go to cons, network, meet people.
- Juliet Mushens (literary agent): Keep writing, and learn from everything you write.
- Meg Davis (literary agent): Write what you love.
- John Wordsworth (literary agent): Read everything. Read all the time. Read!
- Ellen Gallagher (tv and film agent): watch TV; if you’re going into television writing you need to do your research. Watching TV is the equivalent of John’s advice, to read.