Have you always wondered howto do a cryptic crossword?
Solving one maybe easier than you think thanks to this book.
The Telegraph’s Puzzle Editor, Chris Lancaster, shows how to crack cryptic crosswords in an easy-to-follow way.
This simple-to-use guide will help you solve any cryptic crossword, whether you’re a complete beginner or a puzzler seeking to expand your knowledge. This book features:
– Explanations of the common clue devices, including double definitions, hidden clues, charades, subtractions, homophones and container-and-contents clues
– Work-throughs of practice crosswords
– Tips for spotting each variety of clue
– The top 10 solving tips you need to know
– Advice on reference materials and taking your puzzling to the next level
– Chris’s top-12 solving tips
– Appendices of useful lists including single-letter abbreviations and a glossary of common ‘crosswordese’
Whether you’re a novice or an inveterate puzzle lover, this is the perfect crossword solving guide for all.