Who we are and what we do
Hachette UK is a leading book publishing group with an enviable and inspiring roster of authors.
The central Audience Team supports marketing teams across 10 publishing houses in the UK and Australia to deliver great digital marketing campaigns via email, social and web.
What you will be doing
You will act as an internal consultant to our publishing houses, specialising in email marketing and analytics, but taking in the whole consumer journey with elements of social, paid advertising and web. This is a wide-ranging and interesting role, where you’ll use your experience to ensure successful consumer engagement across a variety of book, brand and community campaigns.
- Using Adobe Campaign to set up and deploy direct marketing campaigns across multiple channels in the UK and Australia – the primary focus will be email, but could include SMS and Push Notifications
- Customer journey/lifecycle planning (e.g. welcome, retention) using data to personalise communications and drive behavioural change that deepens engagement
- Assisting publishers to implement test and learn approaches to inform the development of the long-term consumer engagement strategy.
- Managing the CRM Academy, including scheduling sessions, delivery and assessment
- Guidance and instruction on email best practice and legislative compliance to our publishers, including creation and sharing of case studies
- Working with international teams to ensure UK needs are communicated for technical/platform developments
- Creating and managing a schema of all actionable data points and define success metrics to help track ROI
- Analysing campaign performance data and sharing with teams to explain how we can replicate success
- Creating and maintaining simple and clear reporting templates, and taking the lead in ongoing development of our marketing dashboards – currently on Tableau.
What we are looking for
Our ideal candidate will be a creative and dynamic digital marketer. We’re looking for someone with excellent interpersonal skills, and demonstrable experience in product/brand marketing, with a focus on the email channel.
You need to be:
- Passionate about CRM and willing to learn new techniques and technologies
- Able to explain technical information in an easy-to-understand way
- Quality oriented – maintaining high standards for content and data processes
- Flexible – in order to support our international publishers with occasional early/late conference calls
- Able to travel without restriction – there will be occasional travel to our head office in Paris, France
- Significant experience in product/brand marketing, with a focus on the email channel
- Know how to create customer journeys with a focus on revenue generation
- Know email marketing and list management best-practices
- Understand the legal framework within which digital and direct marketing operates – GDPR, ASA, etc.
- Proven ability to work across multiple teams and manage competing priorities
What we offer
We offer a competitive salary, benefits and lots of training in a great working environment at a creative, forward-thinking company.
Hachette employs people on the basis of their abilities. We aim to attract and develop talent from a base as broad as the world of readers we want to reach, with a wide and representative range of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality and socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds.
If you are shortlisted and need us to make any adjustments to help you attend for interview, please let us know.
Salary: £35,000-£42,000 dependant on experience
Closing date: Tuesday 23rd July 2019
To apply: Click here