Understand cameras to take, edit and share better photos
By Chris Gatcum
Finally a fresh, accessible, guide to photography that covers everything, from basics and techniques to digital processing, completely clear and illustrated by masterclasses from famous pros.
A complete and accessible guide to photography that brings fantastic photography within everyone's grasp.
400 pages to take you from beginner to expert photographer
"The must have book for EVERY photographer" - Diana Elizabeth
Whether you're a complete beginner, a casual snapper or a seasoned photographer, there is a lot to be learned from this extensive photography guide. Take the guesswork out of your photography and understand not just what to do with your camera, but how and why this affects the photos you take.
- Make More Impact You'll learn how to compose a shot for visual impact, focus it to attract the viewer's eye, expose it so every detail is captured and so much more.
- Get More Book At 400 superbly designed & illustrated pages, this book represents better value than anything else.
- Any Camera Photography never stands still so it doesn't matter what camera you have, whether you own an SLR, film camera or a compact digital camera, Chris will teach you how to take the best photos possible.
- Easy to Read Chris Gatcum's writing is clear and instructive, covering a vast range of essential photography aspects in great detail so that you can truly understand how to take a great photo that stands out.
- The Voice (& Photos) of Pros As well as Gatcum's expertise on the subject, Complete Photography is packed with tips and masterclasses from other inspirational professionals.
- Stunning Photography and Bespoke Diagrams Each point is illustrated with carefully selected, beautiful photography examples along with clear diagrams to inspire and instruct.
Table of professionals case studies in this book
The cover design features a mirrorless digital camera with interchangeable lenses, a reto-style film camera and an iPhone 7 because this book applies to every different way you can take a photo.
| ||Portraits||Ben Anker|
| ||Sports||Ian MacNicol|
| ||Interiors||Adrian Wilson|
|Light & Colour||Food||Stuart Ovenden|
| ||Still Life||Daniel Brooke|
| ||Fashion||Dixie Dixon|
|Lenses||Street Photography||Brian Lloyd Duckett|
| ||Wildlife||Richard Garvey-Williams|
| ||Macro||Andy Small|
| ||Architechture||Janie Airey|
| ||Abstract||Ryan Bush|
|In The Bag||Documentary||Michelle Frankfurter|
Chris Gatcum has lived and breathed photography for over two decades, working as a pro photographer, journalist, specialist magazine and book editor, and best-selling author. A passionate advocate of experimental digital and traditional photography, he is as comfortable conducting technical camera tests as he is demystifying the art of photography for the rest of us.
- Other details
- Publication date:
23 Mar 2017
- Page count:
If you're learning or gifting a camera, you should pair it with this book! For $20 on Amazon, this incredibly thorough and thick book reminds me of my photography class in high school. I almost went nuts as I opened the book and saw yet another photographer I had met - Dixie Dixon giving some commentary on fashion photography! We met at a WPPI in line waiting to see Elizabeth Messina and traded business cards and talked for a little bit. I knew she was already talented and then she became a Nikon ambassador and taught at WPPI! I was like wow this girl just did it! The book gives every photography jargon and what "shooting at the hip" means and white balance as well as photo editing. There is always something to learn and I believe when it comes to photography, we're never done learning. The must-have book for EVERY photographer. — Diana Elizabeth, Diana Elizabeth