1. This is a prize draw for ten winning entrants to have their name and question (as read by the winning entrants) to be included in the audiobook and e-book for WOMEN DON’T OWE YOU PRETTY by Florence Given (“Title”). To enter, please record an audio file (in accordance with the below conditions) and upload via http://tiny.cc/6ib3kz
The entries must be received by 11:59 pm GMT on 16 March 2020 and they must be as follows:
– in the format: “My name is XXXX and my question is XXXX”;
– no longer than 30 seconds in total length;
– not offensive (or potentially offensive);
– contain no vulgar language;
– appropriate for publication in the Title; and in line with the topic of progressive feminism in line with the nature of the Title.
2. The winner will be selected from the first seventy-five entries received (that comply with the above conditions) in accordance with these terms and conditions by the Company (defined below) using a computer process. The decisions will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
3. There is no purchase necessary to enter.
4. The prize draw opens at 12:01 am GMT on 12 March 2020 and closes at 11:59 pm GMT on 16 March 2020. Any entries received outside these specified times and dates will not be eligible for entry into the prize draw.
5. The winners will be notified by email in the week commencing 16 March 2020.
6. The prize draw is open to residents of the UK aged 18 or over except employees of the Company, their families, or anyone professionally connected to the prize draw either themselves or through their families.
7. Only one entry per person allowed. Second or subsequent entries will be disqualified. Entries will not be accepted via agents, third parties or in bulk.
8. The Company is not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
9. By submitting their entry, entrants agree and warrant that (i) their entry is their own original work; (ii) nothing in their entry is defamatory, private or an infringement of copyright or other intellectual property right or in any way a breach of another’s right; (iii) any music used in their entry is original to them or that they have written permission from the owner. The Company reserves the right to ask for the permission before any prize is distributed. Any entry in breach of this clause will be disqualified from participating in the prize draw and from winning any prize.
10. By entering the prize draw, entrants hereby grant to the Company an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty free, worldwide and for all languages, licence to copy, adapt, edit, distribute, publish, sublicense, and in any and all other ways use their entry for any purpose, in any manner and in all media now known or hereinafter devised (including but not limited to audiobook and e-book). Furthermore, entrants waive all moral rights whatsoever in their entry. For the avoidance of doubt, the Company is under no obligation to make any use of the entries and the Company shall make no payment to any entrant for any use of their entry.
11. Entries will not be returned.
12. The Company reserves the right to alter the prizes or cancel the prize draw without notice but will try to avoid creating any undue disappointment. No cash alternatives to prizes will be provided. If a winner is unable to accept their prize or cannot be contacted, the Company reserves the right to select another winner.
13. The Company will make available the name of the winners to anyone who requests this information by writing to the Company at the address shown below (enclosing a self-addressed envelope) within one (1) month after the closing date stated in condition 4. If you object to any or all of your name and county being made available, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with ““WOMEN DON’T OWE YOU PRETTY” prize draw” as the subject of the email. In such circumstances, we must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
14. The Company is the data controller of Personal Data that it collects in the course of running the prize draw and will use the Personal Data in accordance with the Company’s Privacy Notice https://bit.ly/32V6Ahy. It will use such Personal Data for the purposes of running the prize draw and delivering any prize(s) (publishing the winning entries in the audiobook and e-book of the Title). The Personal Data in respect of any entries which are not winning entries will be deleted after a reasonable period from the end of the prize draw. “Personal Data” means names of entrants and other details provided by them (e.g. email addresses, telephone numbers) for the prize draw. The Company will not share such Personal Data with any third parties.
15. By entering the prize draw entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
16. This prize draw is being organised by Octopus Publishing Group Limited of Carmelite House, 50 Victoria Embankment, London EC4Y 0DZ (“Company”).
17. These terms and conditions and any disputes or claims (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of these terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England, whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.