From Darwin’s theory of evolution to the sequencing of the human genome, this book takes a comprehensive look at genetics – and reveals untold stories, cutting-edge discoveries and plenty of fascinating science along the way.
In 12 illustrated chapters, Cracking Genetics makes sense of the laws of inheritance, takes a tour of your chromosomes and explores questions including:
– Which genes determine eye colour?
– Could dinosaur DNA be resurrected?
– How does DNA profiling solve cold cases?
– Why does the environment influence gene expression?
– How does human DNA differ from chimp DNA?
– How does natural selection work?
– Could gene editing eradicate disease?
An easy-to-understand guide to some of the most complex and intriguing topics: Cracking Geneticsis a must-read for anyone interested in the past, present and future of genetics and how they make up the world as we know it.