1. Find your ‘USP’. What makes you go crazily enthusiastic? What makes you different? For me its always been my ancestry, heritage, history.
2. Find a fun way to take food photos. I love my converse and my brogues and my love must come through as those shoe + food photos seem to be most popular.
3. It’s ok to take selfies, but make sure there is no duck pouting. Try to be cool and creative and to tell a story. That’s me with my gigantic horseradish leaves for tomato fermenting.
4. Its fun to take action photos. People love seeing you actually make stuff. Bonus if your food is colourful.
5. Do more than food. Your life is bound to be filled with other beautiful moments.If you see something that takes your breath away – capture it.
But most importantly, don’t copy – go with your instincts and be yourself.
Discover Olia Hercules’ Ukrainian recipes in Mamushka, available here.