- Edible fresh flowers, including floral, herb and vegetable flowers. Szechuan buttons (little yellow flower buds) are worth hunting out and give a tingling sensation when you eat them.
- Fronds of decorative herbs, such as dill or bronze fennel.
- Baby vegetables, including carrots or courgettes, or vegetable or herb seedlings, or thinly shaved vegetables slices.
- Edible glitter or edible gold leaf or powder – for special occasions!
- Coconut shavings, bee pollen, chai seeds or toasted buckwheat.
Extract taken from Nourish by Amber Locke, available to pre-order here