Whether you like yours green, black, or milky, there’s nothing better than a decent cup of tea. This week, we’re sharing five benefits of drinking tea every day. So go on, what are you waiting for, pop the kettle on and have a look.
- Tea can complement and improve the flavour of your meals – Earl Grey is the perfect companion for salmon, while a strong Assam or Lapsang Souchong will help lift the aromas of fried or spiced foods. You can add depth to your meals by adding tea leaves to stock or eat the leaves raw as part of a wild salad.
- Unlike coffee, tea can create energy boots without the crash. Tea contains L-theanine, which is absorbed along with the natural caffeine molecules to help create a relaxed uplift that has a positive effect on your mind.
- Tea is a good source of fluoride, which is important for healthy teeth and gums. Regular cups of tea can help strengthen your teeth and reduce the bacteria in your mouth.
- Roobios tea is like a mini spa day in your cup. Naturally caffeine free, it is high in antioxidants making it a healthy alternative for when you need to relax and unwind. The leaves can also be used as a natural skin exfoliant in both face and body scrubs.
- Being more than 95% water, tea not only soothes frayed nerves but can also help you stay hydrated which, in turn, boosts both mental and physical functions.
More information about tea can be found in World Atlas of Tea by Krisi Smith.