Satisfying, spicy chicken fajita mix is so easy to make with the traybake method. Simply chuck in all the ingredients and then it’s hands off until they are ready! Serve in wraps or with rice and black beans. This is also gorgeous with homemade Zucchimole.
Image Credit: @TheSlimmingFoodie
low calorie cooking spray
2 onions, halved then sliced
3 peppers (I use red, orange and yellow) deseeded and cut into strips
3 chicken breasts, sliced into strips
2 tablespoons of Fajita spice mix
MAKES 13 tablespoons
2 tablespoons chilli powder
2 tablespoons smoked paprika
2 tablespoons ground cumin
2 tablespoons dried oregano
2 tablespoons garlic granules
2 tablespoons onion granules
1 tablespoon salt
1. Combine all the ingredients and store in a jam jar or other airtight container.
Handful of coriander leaves and lime wedges
- 1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180 fan (400 F), Gas mark 6
2. Spray the base of a deep, non-stick baking tray with low-calorie cooking spray and spread the onions, peppers and chicken over in an even layer.
3. Sprinkle the spice mix over the top and give everything a shuffle around to coat in the spices
4. Spray with cooking spray.
5. Put the baking tray into the oven and bake for 35 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the peppers and onions are cooked and very slightly charred.
6. Serve with coriander and lime wedges.
NOTE Make this dish vegetarian by replacing the chicken with butternut squash or sweet potato. You can bulk it out by stirring in some drained canned beans, such as black beans or pinto beans, 5 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
This recipe is from The Slimming Foodie by Pip Payne