‘Bounty bowls’ are bowls filled to the brim with nourishing ingredients and lots of choice. They not only look beautiful, but are filling, tasty and full of wholesome goodness. Usually a base grain and salad is dressed up with a variety of vegetables, then a tasty dressing is added. I’ve created three ideas here, but you can really be as imaginative as you like with what goes in and how you dress it. And remember: making it look pretty is half the fun!
Calories per serving: 299
1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into small cubes low-calorie cooking spray
80g (2 oz) quinoa
8 cherry tomatoes, halved
80g (2 oz) frozen sweetcorn, cooked and cooled
1 Little Gem lettuce, shredded
100g (3 oz) canned black beans, drained and rinsed
1 quantity Lime & Chilli salad dressing (see page 210)
handful of coriander leaves, chopped
1 spring onion, trimmed and finely sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 200 C/180 C fan (400 F), Gas Mark 6.
2. Cover a baking tray with baking parchment and add the sweet potato cubes. Spray with low-calorie cooking spray and roast in the oven for 30 minutes, until golden brown and starting to crisp on the edges.
3. Meanwhile, cook the quinoa according to the package instructions. Set aside to cool.
4. When the sweet potato is ready, start to assemble the salad. Divide the quinoa between 2 serving bowls. Now work around the bowl (I like to do this in rainbow colour
order for fun!), adding the cherry tomatoes, sweet potato, sweetcorn, lettuce and black beans.
5. Finally, drizzle the dressing over each bowl, then sprinkle with the coriander and spring onion.
This recipe is from The Slimming Foodie by Pip Payne