PREP TIME: 15 MINS | SOAK TIME: 30 MINS | CHILL TIME: 2 HOURS | COOK TIME: 55 MINS
This can be served as it is, or with a fruit coulis, chocolate sauce or caramel sauce, or with fresh berries.
SERVES 8 | GF | WF
FOR THE TOPPING:
125g unroasted cashew nuts
2 x 270g tubs of vegan
250g vanilla soya yoghurt
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
150ml maple syrup or agave nectar
zest of 1 lemon
4 tablespoons tapioca flour or ground arrowroot
1 tablespoon gram flour
1 tablespoon tahini
FOR THE BASE:
125g ground almonds
110g ordinary oat flour or gluten-free oat flour
50g coconut sugar (or soft brown sugar)
60ml refined or extra virgin coconut oil, melted
1. Soak the cashews in boiling water for 30 minutes, or cover with cold water and soak in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
2. Heat the oven to 200.C/400.F/gas mark 6.
3. Mix all the base ingredients together to form a sandy, loose textured dough. Press firmly into the base of a 23cm springform loose-bottomed tin. Bake for 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, drain and rinse the cashews, then blend in a high-powered blender with the remaining topping ingredients until smooth.
5. Remove the base from the oven and turn the oven down to 180.C/350.F/gas mark 4. Pour the topping on to the base and bake for another 35–40 minutes, or until golden and almost firm to the touch. Allow to cool in the tin, then chill for 2 hours.
6. Bring the cheesecake to room temperature, then remove from the tin and serve.