“IF YOU BUY JUST ONE GUIDE… YOU WON’T DO BETTER THAN THIS” BBC Sky at Night Magazine
· 12 month-by-month Night Sky Maps for year-round stargazing
· Monthly Calendar of moon phases and special events in 2019
· Planet Watch: the best viewing days for planets in 2019
· Dark Sky Map of the UK – find the darkest skies
· Optical Equipment Guide – Which Telescope? · The major astronomical events of 2019 · Month-by-month top 20 Sky Sights 2019
· Expert advice on what to see each month from Heather Couper and Nigel Henbest, Philip’s internationally renowned authors.
· The Solar System 2019 explains the movement of the planets, with particular attention paid to their positions in 2019. Solar and lunar eclipses, meteor showers and comets are also described.
· Expert Robin Scagell’s Equipment Review looks at the pros and cons of Stargazing with reflector or refractor telescopes.
· And all superbly illustrated with photographs taken by the best amateur photographers illustrating the night skies.
Philip’s Month-by-Month Stargazing 2019 is the guide for Stargazers in Britain and Ireland. The new 2019 edition has been completely revised to make it even more essential for exploring the night skies.
Essential reading for astronomers at all levels – and the perfect gift for every stargazer.
About the Authors
Philip’s Stargazing Month by Month 2019 is written by two of the UK’s best-known and respected astronomers.
Professor Heather Couper CBE, FRAS, is an internationally acclaimed astronomer, writer and presenter/producer of TV and radio programmes.
Professor Nigel Henbest researched in radio astronomy at Cambridge University, with the Astronomer Royal, and has been a Consultant to both New Scientist magazine and the Royal Greenwich Observatory.